July 26th, 2018 (Thursday):
• 18h00: Secretariat (delivery of credentials)
• 20h00: Opening of the works with Cultural Presentation and Homage to Dr. José Américo Junqueira de Mattos.
July 27th and 28th, 2018 (Friday and Saturday):
Two main axes: one on Bion’s clinical legacy (in the morning) and another one on his technical legacy (in the afternoon), both of them favoring the cultivation of ideas in circulation among the participant colleagues. Both activities will be started in the Plenary Auditorium [Auditório das Plenárias], where a stimulus will be presented in a creative way; small groups will be then led to separated rooms in order to deepen the presented ideas.
• 10h00 to 12h30 – Clinical Legacy: Associative Reading of a Bion’s Clinical Seminar.
• 15h00 to 18h00 – Technical Legacy: Associative Reading of fragments chosen from Bion’s work “Taming Wild Thoughts” followed by presentation of two short stimulus prepared by colleagues who are involved with Bion’s thinking.
Optional Extra Pre-Plenary Activities (from 08h00 to 09h30):
• Presentation Meet the Analist: two analysts involved with Bion’s thinking will integrate a panel and openly discuss participants’ questions on free topics.
• Scientific Group: colleagues involved with the Conference’s theme will present their ideas to small debate groups.
• Clinical Seminars: Clinical Seminars on Bion, presented for the first time, will be studied under the coordination of a colleague involved with Bion’s thinking.
• Introductory Courses on Bion’s Thinking: guest lecturers will offer the participants three-hour courses (1h/day).